FATTORIA PUGLIESE DIFFUSA was established in 2009, thanks the Regional Government which granted its foundation on the basis of the activities planned for the social development of the regional rural areas.
It is a non-profit Civil Society Organization, made by young and adult people. It’s mission is to promote and facilitate the development of rural and undevelopped areas in EU and Third Countries, thanks to the implementation of projects concerning active citizenship, partecipatory democracy, volunteering, youth, social inclusion, promotion of civil rights, sustainable development,environment protection, organic farming and biodiversity, nature and sport, outdoor activities.
FPD focuses its attention on European mobility, both for the personal development of disadvantaged citizens and for the growth of partner organizations both at local and International level.
The main target group is youth under 35 y.o., but the organization also works with seniors. Both the categories have in common the fact they include disadvantaged people from rural and peripheral areas. The young people are mainly NEET, and FPD offers them several opportunities to be trained and educated in order to boost their active citizenship and participation in the policy-making process and enrich their curricula for getting more chances for job-placement or self-employment opportunities.
The main methodology FPD uses in its activities is based on NON-FORMAL EDUCATION.
FPD cooperates with several Public and Private entities at every level, few examples:
- Municipality of Tiggiano (IT) and Castrignano del Capo (IT) – cooperation in the field of youth involvement in active citizenship and the decision-making process at every level;
- Province of Lecce (IT) – with a project concerning young people’s involvement in local initiatives concerning waste, ecology and biological food;
- Region of Puglia (IT) – with a project concerning promotion of natural resources of rural areas, financed by Bollenti Spiriti Programme;
- Several EU and non-EU NGOs are partners in the implementation of Youth Exchanges, Youth and Democracy projects, Training Courses on different topics.
- “JOYNEET” Network of European Towns, including Municipalties and organizations around Europe, for the promotion of studying, working, learning, training, volunteering opportunities for youth;
- “NOT-GAP” Network of Organizations and Towns Growing Through Active Participation, European Network for the promotion of Parecipatory Democracy tools and methodologies.
- “TLWE: The Long Way to Europe” Network of Organizations and Towns for inclusion and fighting against discriminations and crimes against humanity.
- “TIPS4EU: Tools for a more Inclusive and Sustainable European Union”, European Network of NGOs and public Authorities for the promotion of active citizenship and partecipatory democracy.
FPD also cooperates with the “Touristic Info Points” of 9 municipalities in the Region, providing them project management services and organizing initiatives for the promotion of traditional culture, food, music, habits of the territory.